Adderall is composed of amphetamine salts. It is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It can enhance the energy level of a person. It also boosts the concentration power. Hence, it can be used to enhance performance level. This quality makes it extremely popular especially among students.
Adderall and headache
Using adderall has several side effects like, depression, anxiety, nausea, stomach pain, headache, etc. It also cause headache.
• Adderall can cause headache as a side effect. It can narrow the blood vessels thus, decreasing the flow of blood which may be responsible for headache.
• Amphetamines stimulate norepinephrine and dopamine. These chemicals that will be released can disturb the feedback mechanism of the brain. Moreover, amphetamines may stimulate the release of stress related chemicals which may cause headache. This disturbance in the feedback system can cause headache.
• Adderall decreases the appetite. However, staying hungry for a long time while using adderall leads to headache. Hence, ensure that you are eating well to reduce the chances of headache.
• Take medicines to cure the headache. If you frequently get headaches then you must consult your doctor. Ask your doctor to either change the medicine or to change the dose.
• Adderall causes anxiety. Anxiety and stress causes headache. Thus, it is important to control stress. Practice yoga, breathing exercises, etc which helps in controlling stress. You can also try aromatherapy massages which are well-known for their de-stressing qualities.
• Adderall has a dehydrating effect on the body which may cause headache. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydrating effect and to avoid headache.
If you find any serious side effects then, consult your doctor. You should stay under regular medical check up to detect any abnormalities that may go undetected. Eat a healthy diet, practice some exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle so that you stay healthy. If you are healthy then you can fight any health problem easily.