Adderall is composed of amphetamine salts. It is a medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. However, it is often used to improve concentration and to boost performance levels. It is especially popular among students as it helps them during their exams to enhance their performance.
Side effects in adults caused by adderall
Using adderall has several disadvantages.
Some of these have been mentioned below:
• Adderall has a dehydrating effect on the body resulting in dryness of mouth. Dry mouth makes swallowing difficult.
• Adderall decreases the desire of eating. Less eating will result in weight loss.
• Adderall may cause headache resulting in discomfort.
• It can cause anxiety and stress as a side effect.
• Adderall may lead to an increased blood pressure. An increased blood pressure may be the cause of serious problems like heart diseases and hypertension.
• Taking adderall for a long time may cause depression.
• Individuals taking adderall may feel a change in their behavior. They may get irritated easily.
• Individuals taking adderall may feel agitated.
• It may also result in difficulty in sleeping as a side effect.
• Increased perspiration is also a side effect of taking adderall.
• Taking adderall may also cause nausea.
• A Pregnant woman who takes adderall should consult her doctor whether she should continue taking adderall. Adderall can affect the growth and health of the body. Its side effects may even cause miscarriage.
• A Woman who is taking adderall and is breast-feeding her child is passing adderall to the baby through breast-milk. Adderall will cause side effects to the baby.
Taking adderall for a long time will result in a situation where an individual will have to take higher dose of adderall. Higher doses may often cause some serious problems.
If the side effects become very serious then you should consult your doctor. Your doctor can take necessary action to solve your problem
Drink lot of water to resist the dehydrating effect of adderall. Do not stay hungry. Eat healthy food because staying hungry makes you weak. To get relief from stress you can practice breathing exercises, yoga or meditation. An aromatherapy massage can also provide you relief from stress. Meditation also is very effective in controlling stress.