Adderall XR is used as a medicine for diseases like, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. Some people also use it to enhance their performance. Adderall XR is the extended release form of the medication. Extended release means that the effect of the medicine is released slowly over a period of time. Hence, it has to be taken only once a day.
However, taking Adderall XR has several side effects. It also causes dependence. Stopping the use of Adderall XR may cause withdrawal symptoms like, increased appetite and depression. Another possible withdrawal symptom includes sleeping for long hours. Individuals taking Adderall XR will find eventually that the dose they have been taking are not enough to be effective. So, they are forced to increase the dose.
Taking this medication has some side effects also.
Some of the aderall XR side effects in men are:
1. The persons taking Adderall XR may suffer from headache and nausea.
2. Adderall XR may also cause a decrease in desire of eating resulting in weight loss.
3. Men who take aderall may feel changes in their behavior as a side effect of taking adderall XR. They may get annoyed and irritated easily.
4. Adderall XR increases the blood pressure. Thus, it increases the chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
5. It may also reduce the saliva production in the mouth. It is called as drying of mouth. Swallowing becomes difficult.
6. It causes dependency on these drugs.
7. Anxiety and agitation may be caused as adderall XR side effects in men.
8. Some skin problems may also be caused as one of the adderall XR side effects in men. Skin problems like, rashes, swelling of skin and allergic reactions like Urticaria may be caused.
If you are taking Adderall XR in order to enhance your performance, keep in mind the side effects it causes. If you use it, then be careful of the changes in your behavior. You should also consult your doctor if you discover some serious side effects and take action in order to prevent any serious damage to your health.
Doing exercises regularly and having a healthy diet are very important to ensure that the side effects can be minimized as much as possible.