Acne is a condition which is characterized by the presence of pimples on the face, chest and back. Adderall is composed of amphetamine salts. It is used as a medicine for diseases like, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy but some people also use it to enhance their performance.
However, taking adderall has several side effects like mood swings, anxiety, nervousness, nausea, headache, etc.
Acne as a side effect of adderall
Adderall does not cause acne directly. Sometimes, it is confused with the actual reason. Sometimes, using adderall causes some changes which may lead to acne.
• Children who are stepping into their puberty are susceptible to acne due to the hormonal changes in their body. Hence, when these children start taking aderall they develop acne and they believe that adderall is responsible for the acne though aderall is not causing acne here.
• Adderall causes sleeplessness. Staying awake may cause changes in hormonal levels producing acne.
• Adderall cause decrease in diet. Intake of unhealthy diet may cause acne.
• Aderall raises the anxiety level. It is known that anxiety and stress causes acne.
• Adderall causes de-hydrating effect on the body which may increase the chances of acne. Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is an optimum hydration level.
• Amphetamine which is a constituent of adderall can increase the cortisol level in the body which in turn may disturb the hormonal level of the body causing acne.
If you are really worried about acne then you should consult your doctor. Your doctor can help you by either changing the dose of adderall or by substituting it with another medicine. There are a number of treatments available nowadays, like laser treatment to cure acne. A number of home-made remedies are also available that can prevent or reduce the acne to some extent.
Stay away from stress and anxiety. Follow a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy food. Avoid food rich in fats. Avoid smoking, alcohol, dairy products and caffeine. Wash your face at least once a day. Keep your face clean and oil-free. All these will reduce the chances of acne.