Ambien zolpidem tartrate is used to cure problems of sleeplessness. It is a short-term treatment for sleeplessness and is usually prescribed for a period of 14 days. It is usually prescribed to be taken once in an empty stomach before sleeping.
However, taking ambien zolpidem tartrate has several side effects.
Some ambien zolpidem tartrate side effects are as follows:
1. The mouth may become dry as a side effect of taking ambien zolpidem tartrate. Dry mouth makes swallowing difficult.
2. Constipation is also one of the ambien zolpidem tartrate side effects.
3. Ambien zolpidem tartrate may cause a feeling of confusion in the individual.
4. It also increases the desire of eating.
5. Headache may also be caused.
6. Diarrhea can also be caused.
7. If an individual who is taking ambien zolpidem tartrate suddenly stops taking it then that individual will experience withdrawal symptoms. Some of the withdrawal symptoms are nausea, changes in mood, anxiety and stress. In extreme cases the individual may experience fear and panic attacks. It may cause cramps in the abdomen.
8. A mother who is taking ambien zolpidem tartrate and is breast-feeding her child is passing it to her child as it is passed in breast milk which may cause serious side effects to the child.
9. A person who is taking ambien zolpidem tartrate may do an activity about which he will remember nothing when he wakes up in the next morning.
10. It may lead to feeling drowsy in the day time which may interfere with your daily activities.
11. Throat irritation is also one of the ambien zolpidem tartrate side effects.
12. It has been found that individuals suffering from depression when they take ambien zolpidem tartrate suffer more. These people have suicidal thoughts. Higher suicidal attempts have been found in them. Hence, such patients should be kept under watch.
If an individual taking ambien zolpidem tartrate sleeps for less than 7-8 hours then he may not feel fully awake the next day and should not do any activity that demands full attention.
It should be taken according to the prescribed dose. Taking high dose may affect the respiratory system. Moreover, it should not be taken with alcohol as taking ambien zolpidem tartrate and alcohol together may cause some serious side effects. If you notice any serious side effect then you should consult your doctor without making any delay.