Amoxicillin k clavulanate is a medication used to provide a cure of diseases like, sinusitis, bronchitis and pneumonia. It can also treat urinary tract infections, ear infections and skin infections. It is an antibiotic that can fight bacteria.
Some of the Amoxicillin k clavulanate side effects are:
• Diarrhea may occur as one of the amoxicillin k clavulanate side effects.
• Pain in the abdomen may occur as a side effect.
• Headache can also be caused as a side effect.
• An individual taking it may vomit.
• Skin problems like itching or rashes may appear.
• Nausea may also be caused.
• It may also cause a decrease in desire of eating. Loss of appetite will lead to a loss of weight.
• Some behavioral changes may also occur. The individual taking it may show agitated behavior.
• It may also cause fever.
• Hives or Urticaria may also be caused as an allergic reaction to it.
• Thrush may also be caused as one of the amoxicillin k clavulanate side effects. Thrush is characterized by presence of white patches caused by yeast.
• Allergic reactions may also be caused as a side effect.
• An individual taking it may face difficulty to sleep.
• The skin color may become pale and yellowish.
• The stools may become clay colored.
• Seizures may be caused as a side effect.
• The eyes may become yellowish.
• An individual may become weaker.
• Menstrual periods may become heavier.
Tell your doctor before taking this medication if you are suffering from any liver diseases, kidney diseases or mononucleosis. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medication.
This medicine should be taken according to the prescribed dose.
An overdose may cause symptoms like, abdominal pain, skin problems like rashes, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting. If an individual takes overdose of this medication then the doctor must be consulted to get necessary help.
One should be under regular medical checkup. If any serious side effects are noticed then that should not be neglected and the doctor should be consulted. Proper treatment should be done.