Amoxicillin is a medication. It is used to treat bacterial infections as it can fight against bacteria. It can treat diseases like, pneumonia, bronchitis and sinusitis. Moreover, it can also treat ear infections, urinary tract infections and skin infections caused by bacteria.
Some amoxicillin side effects in adults are:
• Skin problems like rashes can be caused.
• Urticaria in which itchy and red rashes develop on the skin can also be caused as an allergic reaction to this medicine.
• It may lead to an increase in the levels of the enzyme of the liver.
• Individuals taking it may find it difficult to fall asleep.
• Anxiety may be caused in an individual taking it.
• An individual taking it may show agitation in behavior.
• Diarrhea may also be caused as a side effect.
• Nausea and vomiting may be caused.
• It may also cause headache as one of the amoxicillin side effects in adults.
• It may also cause presence of blood in urine.
• The skin and eyes may become yellowish.
• Pain in the abdomen can also be caused.
• Fever may also be caused.
• The muscles may become stiff as one of the amoxicillin side effects in adults.
• It may lead to a decrease in desire of eating which may lead to a loss of weight.
• An individual taking it may feel tired.
• Angiodema in which the layers under the skin become swollen can also be caused.
• A condition known as bloating may occur in which the stomach is felt tight and full.
Individuals who have liver diseases, kidney diseases or mononucleosis should inform the doctor about it before taking this medicine. Moreover, if the person is allergic to any medicine then also the doctor should be informed.
This medicine should be taken according to the prescribed dose. If any serious side effects are observed then the doctor must be consulted. The help of the doctor must be taken if an individual takes an overdose of the medicine. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, pain in the abdomen, feeling drowsy and rashes. Moreover, a large overdose may cause serious damage to the kidneys.