Amoxicillin is a generic form of the drug Augment and an antibiotic in a group of drugs called penicillin’s. Amoxicillin fights bacteria in the body.
Clavulanate potassium is a type of clavulanic acid. This is quite similar to penicillin which fights bacteria that are often challenging to penicillin’s and other antibiotics.
When Amoxicillin and Clavulanate are mixed together, they treat bacterial infections by restraining or stopping the growth of the bacteria. Amoxicillin tr-k clv can help in killing bacterial infections like an ear infection, an infection of the skin, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, streptococcus or a urinary tract infection. But more than its effects amoxicillin tr-k clv is known for its side effects. Let`s go through Amoxicillin tr-k clv side effects:
Side-effects of Amoxicillin tr-k clv:
Amoxicillin tr-k clv can cause allergic reactions like hives, difficulty in breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. It is suggested to take an emergency medical help if you observe any kind of these allergic reactions.
Amoxicillin tr-k clv side effects are not limited to whatever is mentioned above. It has some more side effects. Some of them are given below:
- Watery or bloody Diarrhea
- Change of skin color to pale or yellow
- Change in color of urine to dark yellow
- Fever, confusion or weakness
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Skin rashes and severe tingling
- Muscles getting weaker, pain in muscles and numbness
- Agitation, unusual thoughts or behavior and seizure
- Low fever, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea or clay-colored stools
- Sore throat and headache with severe blistering and peeling of skin
- Vomiting and gas
- White patches in your mouth or throat
- Vaginal Yeast infection
It is suggested to stop using this medication and inform your doctor if you have any of these side effects. Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially allopurinol, probenecid, or another antibiotic. This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium, drugs which could be found in your daily dose of vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Inform your doctor before starting a new medication and you could be safe from Amoxicillin tr-k clv side effects.