Ativan which belongs to the class of benzodiazepine is used as a sedative. It is used for short-term treatment of seizures and insomnia. It is also used for treating anxiety. It is also used to treat panic attacks and alcohol withdrawal.
However, it has many side effects.
Common and Rare Ativan Side Effects In Women
Some of the side effects are:
• Drowsiness may be caused in an individual taking it.
• Stomach pain may be caused as one of the ativan side effects in women.
• Anxiety may be caused as a side effect.
• Confusion may be caused as one of the ativan side effects in women
• The urine may become dark in color.
• There may be difficulty in urinating.
• Agitation and aggression in behavior may be caused after taking it as ativan side effects in women
• Dry mouth may be caused. The mouth may become excessive dry which makes swallowing difficult.
• An individual may feel weak.
• It may cause headache in an individual as a side effect.
• Hives may be caused as an allergic reaction to it.
• It can also cause memory loss.
• Nausea may be caused.
• One may face trouble in falling asleep.
• Depression may be caused.
• Muscle pain may be caused. There may be difficulty in balancing.
• Constipation may be caused.
• Rashes may be caused.
• Heartburn may be caused. In this, the gastric acid backs up in the food pipe causing a burning sensation n the chest or throat.
• It may affect the fetus when a pregnant woman takes it.
• If a mother who breast-feeds her baby takes it, then the baby will be affected as, it is excreted in breast-milk.
The doctor should be informed if you are allergic to any medicines. If you are suffering from any diseases like, liver diseases, lung diseases, kidney diseases, heart diseases or glaucoma then the doctor should be informed. You should also inform the doctor if you are taking any other medicines along with it.
Do not stop its use without asking the doctor. It should be taken according to the prescribed dose. If the side effects become serious then you should consult the doctor. If you take an overdose then take medical advice without making any delay.