Cephalexin is an anti-biotic. It can fight against bacteria so it is used to treat bacterial infections. It can treat pharyngitis, otitis media and pneumonia. It can also treat infections like, bone infections, skin infections and urinary tract infections caused by bacteria. It is also used to prevent endocarditis.
However, it has several side effects.
Common and Rare Cephalexin Side Effects in Men
• It may cause diarrhea as one of the cephalexin side effects in men. Watery stools are passed multiple times a day.
• It may also cause fever.
• It may cause sore throat as one of the cephalexin side effects in men.
• Rashes may also be caused.
• It may cause headache as one of the cephalexin side effects in men.
• It may cause weakness and tiredness in an individual as a side effect. Hence, an individual may feel weak and tired.
• Feelings of confusion may be caused.
• Hallucination may be caused.
• An individual taking it may show aggression and agitation in behavior.
• It may also cause nausea as one of the side effects.
• An individual may vomit as a side effect.
• Allergic reactions like, hives, angiodema and Stevens-Johnsons syndrome may be caused in an individual taking it. There may be swelling of lips, throat and tongue. Moreover, the face may become swollen. There may be trouble in breathing also.
If your doctor has prescribed you cephalexin, then you should inform him whether you take any other medicines, if you suffer from any liver diseases, kidney diseases, intestinal disorder or stomach disorders and you should also inform the doctor if you are allergic to any medicines.
If you take an overdose of it then you should consult your doctor as an overdose may prove dangerous. Taking an overdose of it may produce symptoms like, nausea, vomiting, pain in the abdomen, presence of blood in the urine and diarrhea. If you notice any serious side effects then the doctor should be consulted without making any delay. You should not stop its use without asking your doctor.