Cephalexin is a medicine. It can fight against bacteria. Hence, it is used to treat bacterial infections. It can treat pharyngitis, bone infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, otitis media and skin infections which are caused by bacteria. It is also used to prevent endocarditis.
Side effects in women
However, it may cause several side effects.
Common and Rare Cephalexin Side Effects in Women:
• Diarrhea may be caused as a side effect of taking it. Watery stools are passed multiple times a day.
• Fever may be caused one of the cephalexin side effects in women.
• Sore throat may be caused as a side effect.
• Rashes may also be caused.
• Headache may also be caused.
• Weakness may be caused in the women taking it. A women taking cephalexin may feel tired and weak as a side effect.
• Feelings of confusion may be caused in a woman taking it.
• Hallucination may be caused.
• Changes in behavior may be observed. A woman taking it may show an agitated and aggressive behavior.
• Nausea may be caused as one of the cephalexin side effects in women.
• Vomiting may be caused as one of the cephalexin side effects in women.
• It is excreted in breast milk of a mother who is taking cephalexin. So, a mother who is breast-feeding her baby should consult the doctor whether she can take this medicine.
• Allergic reactions may be produced in an individual taking it. There may be swelling of lips, throat and tongue. Moreover, the face may become swollen. There may be trouble in breathing also.
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any medication. Tell the doctor if you have any liver disease, kidney disease, intestinal disorder or stomach disorder. The doctor should also be informed if you are taking any other medicine along with it.
If you take an overdose of it, you should consult the doctor. Taking an overdose of it may produce symptoms like, nausea, vomiting, pain in the abdomen, presence of blood in the urine and diarrhea.
Take cephalexin according to the dose prescribed by the doctor. If you take an overdose or if you notice any serious side effects then you should contact your doctor.