Teva clonidine is used to treat hypertension, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD), certain types of pain, withdrawal symptoms associated with stopping the use of alcohol and nicotine, Tourette syndrome and hot flashes associated with menopause.
However, it causes many side effects.
Some of the Teva Clonidine side effects are as follows:
1) Dizziness may be caused in an individual taking it, as one of the teva clonidine side effects.
2) An individual taking it may feel weak and tired.
3) An individual may feel drowsy. Hence, one should be very careful while doing activities that require focus and alertness. Hence, you should avoid doing such activities if you feel drowsy like, driving or operating machinery.
4) An individual taking it may face constipation as one of the teva clonidine side effects.
5) The eyes may become dry. Moreover, there may be a burning sensation caused in the eyes. Itching may also be caused in the eyes.
6) The mouth may become dry as the saliva secretion decreases.
7) A decline in interest of eating may be caused as a side effect.
8) Nausea may be caused.
9) Moreover, there may be vomiting in an individual taking it.
10) There may be swelling of the feet and lower legs.
11) Pain in the abdomen can be caused.
12) It may also cause impotence in men.
13) Blurred vision is caused.
14) Tremors can be caused.
15) Allergic reaction like, rashes and hives may be caused.
16) Depression may worsen in an individual who is suffering from depression.
17) Joint pain may be caused.
18) One may have nightmares.
The use of the medicine should not be stopped abruptly. Stopping its use suddenly may produce withdrawal symptoms like, anxiety, agitated behavior, pain in the chest, difficulty in falling asleep, nausea, vomiting and headache. Moreover, if its use is stopped abruptly then the blood pressure may start increasing fast.
Tell the doctor if you suffer from any kidney diseases, heart disease, blood vessel disease, heart rhythm disorders or Reynaud’s disease. Tell the doctor if you recently had a heart attack or stroke. Tell the doctor if you take any other medicine along with it.